Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reviews about Tungsten and Ceramic Jewelry

Reviews about Tungsten and Ceramic Rings

As soon as I received this black tungsten ring, I ran it through a gauntlet of abuse. From turning wrenches to sanding it on a concrete floor it has remained flawless. For about a week I have constantly abused it with the worst consequence being finger prints. I spoke to local jewelers before purchasing and a similar ring was prices $300 - $480 (depending on the jeweler).

They explained to me that the difference in price was the quality of the metal. Jewelry grade tungsten vs. industrial grade tungsten carbide rings. Don't buy into that B.S. It is cobalt free tungsten carbide steel and the only real difference is the markup. The picture above is slightly deceiving though. The finish is mirror and the color is a darker "stone" color. I ordered a half size larger than my normal size and it fits perfect (regardless of the comfort fit).

Like the other review, was very kind when I ordered the wrong size ceramic or tungsten ring and worked with me to swap it out for the correct size. They got the correct ring back to me fast! The ring looks perfect and love the design! Will definitely order with them again when I order another tungsten ring inset ceramic!

My husband and I were married 11 years ago and at the time, he chose a yellow gold ring with a white gold overlay. Even for that time, it was fairly expensive. Not only have the styles in men's ceramic rings changed, the ceramic ring also lost its white gold finish and appeared to be just a yellow gold ring. My husband usually wears silver so he was no longer happy with the original tungsten steel ring.

I had heard some good things about the Tungsten rings and thought I would look into replacing my hubby's ring as a Christmas present. This particular ring was a GREAT choice. It is 8mm so it is more bulky and "tougher" looking than most others. In addition, my husband has large fingers so this ring looks great on him. It is also very strong so I don't worry about him scratching and dinging it. He really likes it too.

Best of all, the price! I looked at similar promise tungston rings on other sites and didn't find one under $125 so this Amazon price is a steal. The shipping was also very fast!

The only thing I would warn you about is that this unique ring cannot be sized so be sure you know exactly what size you need before ordering. I found a ring size chart on line and printed it. I then took his old wedding ring and layed it on top of the size chart to see what size I needed to order. It worked and is a perfect fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment