Monday, May 16, 2011

Actual Love Wedding Rings

I bought this ring because my actual wedding ring is white gold. It is so soft that it started getting small scuffs and scratches right away, but at first these marks just gave it character. Recently, though (after about two years) it's started looking a bit dull and worn. I was told by a jeweler that polishing a white ceramic ring is a complicated process that involves actually applying more metal, and that it would take some time. Honestly, I don't like the idea of not wearing my Celtic Tungsten Carbide Ring for a few days (it just feels weird) so I decided to get a substitute to wear while it was gone.

I also had an opportunity to start a new job which may involve using my hands a bit more, and I realized that this would damage the cheap Ceramic wedding Ring even faster, and at the same time I started worrying about possibly losing the Noblest tungsten ring altogether.

Long story short, I decided on this Ceramic celebration ring because it was attractive, the same color as my real love ring, and much more resistant to damage. I decided to start wearing this Celtic Knot Tungsten Wedding Ring day-to-day and saving the original tungsten ring for special occasions. I've been wearing the new tungsten steel ring for a few months now, and it's been fantastic.

First of all the great ceramic ring is gorgeous. It catches the light brilliantly on its polished surfaces, and it is so strong that it doesn't have a single scratch to dim the dazzle. I should clarify that I am pretty rough on my jewelry, so the fact that it hasn't scratched or chipped or bent (even a little) is a minor miracle. It has a satisfying weight to it, and is slightly wider than my ceramic wedding ring, so it feels really substantial.

My only real complaint is the matte area. It is matte because of a "brushed" texture, which means that it is very rough to the touch. At first I assumed that this would smooth out a bit over time, but since the metal is so hard it still feels the same as it did the first day. I suspect you could use this part of the ring as a fine-grit sandpaper if you wanted to. So far it has not injured my other fingers, but I am still very conscious of the signet ring when I hold my baby (6 months) or do anything else that requires a gentle touch. Not a deal-breaker, but something to consider.

All-in-all, a great ring. If you want something good looking and durable, you need look no further.

For more read: Tungsten Jewelry Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment