Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tungsten Carbide Betrothal Ring For You

I bought this for my fiancee because he likes working with his hands and tends to scratch his carbide rings pretty easily. he had the white ceramic ring for a day and it already has a couple of scratches on it from a dremmel that barely touched it. I would say that the color is between white gold and hematite, but it probably depends on the individual white ceramic ring considering the amount of people that have contrasting opinions on color.

One really good thing about this resin inlay tungsten ring is that it doesn't get bent out of shape at all, but I would still be careful with it because of the simple fact that tungsten carbide is usually used to make tools and is actually quite brittle. Every day wear should be fine, it will keep the luster and stay pretty for the most part but I wouldn't drop it on hard surface because they can crack.

Tungsten carbide is ground into a powder and then compressed with high-pressure dyes into round blanks which are then fired in an oxygen free furnace at 2400 degrees. Then they polish them with diamond polishing tools and wheels to create a permanent luster & polish that isn't possible with other metals. (Tungsten has the highest melting point of all the non-alloyed metals)

I got this as a cheap replacement after losing my gold inlay tungsten wedding ring. I love the look and feel of this. As others have said, this is darker than the picture, but I was hoping it would be. I would describe it as a richer, chrome color. I've worn it a few days and it has absolutely no scratches. The tungsten engagement ring is comfortable and the size fits exactly as the propose ring gauge said I was. I would compare the weight to a similar sized tungsten betrothal ring.

More read: cheap tungsten rings

No comments:

Post a Comment